YOUR INVESTMENT IN THE SOUTH RIVER FEDERATION YIELDS A 20:1 RETURN!!
- In its 16-year history, the Federation has completed over 70 stormwater and habitat projects in the watershed and is developing 70 more!
YOU MADE THAT POSSIBLE!!
- In the next three years alone, we anticipate over 30 additional projects in our community that will cost approximately $9 million.
YOUR INVESTMENT IS ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN!
- Between 2019 and 2025, an additional $9 million of work is already proposed. In order to achieve that, we secured individual contributions and leveraged local, state, federal, and private grant money into a $20 return on investment for every dollar received from donors like YOU.
- Yet, there is much work left to be done.
YOUR GROWING IMPACT
Looking forward five years, the South River Federation sees opportunities for continued impact in the scope of our restoration efforts.
We are undertaking and collaborating on design activities for significant corrective restoration projects at 70 more locations.
THAT MEANS A CLEANER, HEALTHIER RIVER FOR YOU!!
A RIVER IN NEED OF YOUR COMMITMENT
- The South River is the home of thousands of species of fish, birds, animals and plant life. It provides food, recreation and beauty to the people who live around it. But it is an environment in trouble.
- A closer look at the river reveals it is an unhealthy system. By multiple measures, it is deteriorating and will soon no longer support the activities we all most enjoy. Loss of water clarity, low dissolved oxygen levels, high bacteria counts, and sedimentation must be addressed if the river is going to endure as the asset it has been.
- Our strategic and targeted implementation of restoration projects is informed through rigorous monitoring before, during, and after projects are implemented.
- The impairments are caused locally and need to be addressed locally. It takes OUR community to clean our river. We believe that if we fix our creeks, we will fix our river, which will fix the Chesapeake Bay.